Features and Enhancements for the May Release of Web Connect
Sales Process: Leads Tracking and Management
The new Leads Tracking and Management feature provides a way for sales staff to create a "potential" Prospect without possibly prematurely creating a P21 Prospect. Users can quickly add a Lead with attributes including Sales Rep, Assigned To, Next Call Date, Lead Source, Lead Type, Lead Status, Address, Contacts and Notes. It is also possible to assign P21 Customer Classes to a Lead. Once the Lead is qualified and deemed an actual Prospect, it can be converted into a P21 Prospect with one touch or click. Read more...
Customer “Impersonation” Accounts
Customer Impersonation makes it possible for a Sales Rep to launch Web Connect as if they were logged in as a certain Customer. All of the information in Web Connect will be filtered for the customer – exactly like the Web Connect Customer Portal feature. No need to worry about seeing another customer’s information. A Sales Rep can even place an order for the customer while logged in as them.
CRM and BI
- Web Connect Alerts
- Administrators can now set Web Connect Alerts for user accounts without having to first impersonate the account
- Added a user setting to enable/disable the ability to change alert settings
- Opened up specific Alerts to the Inside Sales role
- Added various menu options to the Manage Alerts main menu to make it easier for the user to see their options
- Inventory and Item Details
- Added Stockable and Sellable indicators to Item Details for the inventory by location listing
- Added ability to auto-select a contract for a customer in Item Details if the customer is set to “Always Use Job Contract Pricing” in P21.
- Added a per-user setting to show/hide the Quantity Details and PO info on Item details making it possible to turn these items on for Customer logins
- Added the ability to Bookmark item detail information
- Added a per user setting to show/hide quantity available. Most applicable to Customer logins but can be used for all roles.
- Opportunities and Sales Calls:
- Added ability to save a Quick-Call without selecting a contact based on the user’s settings
- Added the Assigned To filter in the Sales Call log
- Added Audit Trail to Opportunity Details
- Added ability to bring in Product Group data from a Remote Order or P21 Order when creating an Opportunity
- Added a button in Opportunity Details to create a new Sales Call
- Added enhanced support for Service Orders to Order Details
- Added a Route Filter to the Order Listing
- Added an Order Summary popup on the Order Listing that breaks the order down by Product Group
- Added a popup in the Contact Name on Order Details to show Contact details
Remote Ordering: VMI, Bar Code Order Entry, Quick Order Forms and Order File Import
- Added an Item Search to the Quick-Order form. This can be used to filter items manually and can also be used to facilitate bar code scanning if the bar code contains the Item Id
- Added ability to auto-select a contract for a customer in the Remote Order Form is the customer if set to “Always Use Job Contract Pricing” in P21.
- Added the Customer PO field to the Manage Remote Orders page
- Added a system setting to let the Order Date and Requested Date use the import date/time
- Added the ability to turn the Remote Order Form on/off for each user role
- Changed the Manage Contract Order Forms page to bring back a listing of contracts without first selecting a ship-to
- Added the ability to select a Sales Location on the Remote Order Form and added a user setting to allow this function
- Added a user setting for “Default Sales Location” for use with the Remote Order Form
- Added a system setting to use the email address from the Sales Location for the “Back-Office Email Address”
- Added Remote Order Line notes to the Remote Order Form
- Added a filter to the Remote Order listing for Sales Managers
- Added Extended Description to various Remote Order pages
- Added ability to “auto-select” a contract for a customer in Item Details and the Remote Order Form if the customer is set to “Always Use Job Contract Pricing” in P21
User Interface (UI)
- Added a Filters option on most of the listing related pages including Order History and Customer Listing that opens a filters popup to optimize screen utilization
- Made entire rows clickable on all listings
- Added multi-select filter integration on many listings
- Optimized the view of Order Details on mobile devices and made the various popup/more info buttons visible on smart phones
- Changed the format of the Mobile Views Home page
- Made several changes to the Themes
- Optimized the responsive layout of a number of pages
- Changed the Account User selector to display the name as First Name | Last Name to match the sorting
- Made the 24 Month Invoice Chart clickable to view the details from the default Home page
- Added the ability to validate password length against a central configuration setting when changing passwords.
- Changed the Test SMTP page to allow users to specify settings for testing purposes
- Added Audit Trail to Customer Details
- Added a new user setting for users in the Sales Rep role to “Enable Sales Rep Selection”. This makes it possible for reps to view items not specifically assigned to them in P21
- Added new Administrative menu options for Test SMTP Settings, Call Log Setup and Manage Announcements. Split User management into its own section.
- Changed the handling of special characters in the Item Details Popup used in several areas in Web Connect
- Changed the behavior of Inventory Class 1 in the Item Class Filters settings in the Edit User page