Category: P21 Orders
Features and Enhancements for the May Release of Web Connect
Sales Process: Leads Tracking and Management
The new Leads Tracking and Management feature provides a way for sales staff to create a "potential" Prospect without possibly prematurely creating a P21 Prospect. Users can quickly add a Lead with attributes including Sales Rep, Assigned To, Next Call Date, Lead Source, Lead Type, Lead Status, Address, Contacts and Notes. It is also possible to assign P21 Customer Classes to a Lead. Once the Lead is qualified and deemed an actual Prospect, it can be converted into a P21 Prospect with one touch or click. Read more...
Customer “Impersonation” Accounts
Customer Impersonation makes it possible for a Sales Rep to launch Web Connect as if they were logged in as a certain Customer. All of the information in Web Connect will be filtered for the customer – exactly like the Web Connect Customer Portal feature. No need to worry about seeing another customer’s information. A Sales Rep can even place an order for the customer while logged in as them.
CRM and BI
- Web Connect Alerts
- Administrators can now set Web Connect Alerts for user accounts without having to first impersonate the account
- Added a user setting to enable/disable the ability to change alert settings
- Opened up specific Alerts to the Inside Sales role
- Added various menu options to the Manage Alerts main menu to make it easier for the user to see their options
- Inventory and Item Details
- Added Stockable and Sellable indicators to Item Details for the inventory by location listing
- Added ability to auto-select a contract for a customer in Item Details if the customer is set to “Always Use Job Contract Pricing” in P21.
- Added a per-user setting to show/hide the Quantity Details and PO info on Item details making it possible to turn these items on for Customer logins
- Added the ability to Bookmark item detail information
- Added a per user setting to show/hide quantity available. Most applicable to Customer logins but can be used for all roles.
- Opportunities and Sales Calls:
- Added ability to save a Quick-Call without selecting a contact based on the user’s settings
- Added the Assigned To filter in the Sales Call log
- Added Audit Trail to Opportunity Details
- Added ability to bring in Product Group data from a Remote Order or P21 Order when creating an Opportunity
- Added a button in Opportunity Details to create a new Sales Call
- Added enhanced support for Service Orders to Order Details
- Added a Route Filter to the Order Listing
- Added an Order Summary popup on the Order Listing that breaks the order down by Product Group
- Added a popup in the Contact Name on Order Details to show Contact details
Remote Ordering: VMI, Bar Code Order Entry, Quick Order Forms and Order File Import
- Added an Item Search to the Quick-Order form. This can be used to filter items manually and can also be used to facilitate bar code scanning if the bar code contains the Item Id
- Added ability to auto-select a contract for a customer in the Remote Order Form is the customer if set to “Always Use Job Contract Pricing” in P21.
- Added the Customer PO field to the Manage Remote Orders page
- Added a system setting to let the Order Date and Requested Date use the import date/time
- Added the ability to turn the Remote Order Form on/off for each user role
- Changed the Manage Contract Order Forms page to bring back a listing of contracts without first selecting a ship-to
- Added the ability to select a Sales Location on the Remote Order Form and added a user setting to allow this function
- Added a user setting for “Default Sales Location” for use with the Remote Order Form
- Added a system setting to use the email address from the Sales Location for the “Back-Office Email Address”
- Added Remote Order Line notes to the Remote Order Form
- Added a filter to the Remote Order listing for Sales Managers
- Added Extended Description to various Remote Order pages
- Added ability to “auto-select” a contract for a customer in Item Details and the Remote Order Form if the customer is set to “Always Use Job Contract Pricing” in P21
User Interface (UI)
- Added a Filters option on most of the listing related pages including Order History and Customer Listing that opens a filters popup to optimize screen utilization
- Made entire rows clickable on all listings
- Added multi-select filter integration on many listings
- Optimized the view of Order Details on mobile devices and made the various popup/more info buttons visible on smart phones
- Changed the format of the Mobile Views Home page
- Made several changes to the Themes
- Optimized the responsive layout of a number of pages
- Changed the Account User selector to display the name as First Name | Last Name to match the sorting
- Made the 24 Month Invoice Chart clickable to view the details from the default Home page
- Added the ability to validate password length against a central configuration setting when changing passwords.
- Changed the Test SMTP page to allow users to specify settings for testing purposes
- Added Audit Trail to Customer Details
- Added a new user setting for users in the Sales Rep role to “Enable Sales Rep Selection”. This makes it possible for reps to view items not specifically assigned to them in P21
- Added new Administrative menu options for Test SMTP Settings, Call Log Setup and Manage Announcements. Split User management into its own section.
- Changed the handling of special characters in the Item Details Popup used in several areas in Web Connect
- Changed the behavior of Inventory Class 1 in the Item Class Filters settings in the Edit User page
June 2016 Release
- Enhanced the Opportunity Details screen to show the Type, Status Stage and Step description when a user selects an option from the associated dropdown lists.
- Created a new “Opportunity Forecast” screen that charts opportunities based on either the Anticipated Close Date or Next Step Date.
- Created a new “Opportunity Pipeline” screen that places each opportunity into groups based on the Stage Sequence. Opportunities can easily be moved to new stages from this screen.
- Enhanced the Opportunity Listing to display the next task due date, who the next task is assigned to and what type of task is next.
- Added a version of the Opportunity Forecast chart to the CRM Overview screen.
- Added an optional configuration setting that will treat older opportunities as “Dormant”.
- Added the ability to drag and drop Opportunities, Sales Calls and Tasks on the calendar.
- Made it possible to start a new Opportunity, Task or Sales Call from the calendar.
- Added a variety of filters to the calendar.
Added Last Hard-Touch Date to:
- Customer Listing/Lookup
- Contact Listing/Lookup
- Customer Details Screen
- Contact Details Screen
- Added “Create New Task” in Mobile Views
- Added “Create New Sales Call” in Mobile Views
Sales Analysis View:
- Added line and column totals
- Added Ship To as a “View By” option
- Added Ship To as a “Filter” option
- Added Product Group Range as a “Filter” option
- Added Month Range as a “Time Frame” option
Sales Call Log:
- Made both Scheduled and Completed Date visible on the Call Log grid.
- Added the ability to filter the Call Log by Product Group
- Added code to remember the last Stock/Nonstock selection of the user
- Added code to remember the last Company selection of the user
- Added a per-user permission for Customers to be able to access the Item Inquiry Screen
- Added Item ID as a distinct search box. This makes it possible to either search for an item specifically, use the wildcard search or combine the searches.
Remote Order Form:
- Added a field for the Quantity Available for each line-item. This information will update each time the form is loaded so that users can get real-time inventory availability when working with orders over a period of time. This is a per-user setting.
Improved “Time Pickers”:
- Reworked the date/time selectors for screens such as New Task, Task Details, Sales Call, etc. so that the time selector would be more phone-friendly.
Sales Rep Contact Visibility Options:
- Added a per-user setting for sales reps that will either restrict the contact search to contacts related to the rep by ship-to or allow the rep to search all contacts in P21.
Customer Item Inquiry:
- Added the ability to enable then Inventory Search/Item Inquiry system for customer logins.
Remote Order Item Search:
- Added Extended Description to the results and search when looking for an item in the various remote order screens.
- Added Down Payment Applied as a column to the Invoice History screen.
- Added Australian date format compatibility
- Added deployment update options for self-update and auto-update
Visit our YouTube Channel to view our most recent Remote Ordering/VMI demo.
Web Connect provides a number of mobile remote ordering capabilities designed to meet a wide variety of business requirements. Our order entry tools include features for both your employees and also your customers in a consistent format that will keep your sales staff and customers in sync.
Web Connect remote ordering tools do more than just provide access to order entry for users without access to P21. It actually provides ordering capabilities not available in P21. Features such as the Quick-Order/VMI solution, simple order imports and “bulk order entry” makes creating orders fast and easy through Web Connect. These tools are designed to streamline order entry, enhance workflow and security and also provide your business a competitive advantage in the market place.
The Web Connect Order Entry process can be divided into two main branches:
• Standard Remote Order Entry
• VMI/CMI Order Processing
Standard Remote Order Entry
Web Connect includes an order entry screen (Remote Order Form) designed to emulate a simplified version of the order entry screen inside of P21. Because the Web Connect screen is similar to the P21 order entry screen users can easily transition from P21 to Web Connect and vice versa.
The Web Connect Remote Order Form provides users with the greatest flexibility when creating a sales order. Users can search for specific inventory items, define variables such as delivery method, packing basis, carrier and more. There are also several tools available – such as the ability to bulk-add items from a customer’s sales history, P21 contracts or existing VMI templates that can greatly reduce the time it takes to build an order.
VMI/CMI Order Processing
In today’s competitive environment, distribution companies are constantly working to improve the services that they provide to their customers. Over the past decade one strategy that has emerged is Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI). VMI takes the process and overhead of keeping track of necessary customer inventory out of the hands of the end customer and instead places this responsibility in the hands of the distributor.
Web Connect “Quick-Orders” provide sophisticated order processing tools designed specifically for P21 distributors that provide VMI services to their customers.
Quick-Orders were developed over several years from the real-world requirements of P21 distribution companies. These companies needed the ability to easily create sales orders based on inventory placement at customer locations.
Quick-Orders are placed from “Quick-Order Forms” which are in essence a reusable listing of inventory items that can be set up into groups, have definable min/max or OP/OQ definitions and bin location definitions. The end user needs only to provide a quantity for the items to place an order. Quick-Order Forms can be thought of as a virtual map of the inventory for a given customer.
Web Connect Quick-Orders also enable the concept of “order routing” and “order workflow”. By defining the permissions of each user in Web Connect it is possible to enable specific users the ability to start an order and other users to finalize or “approve” an order before it is sent to P21. For instance, your customer may want to see what is on an order, make adjustments to order quantities or add a PO number before the order is submitted. Web Connect Quick-Orders provide these capabilities out of the box.
The Web Connect Remote Order Form: The Remote Order Form provides the greatest flexibility when creating sales orders. The form can be made available to all user roles with various levels of user permissions.
Editing a Web Connect Quick-Order Form: Items on a Quick-Order form can be placed into “Groups”, can have Bin assignments and a defined Min/Max or OP/OQ. Each user can be granted access to see pricing and quantity available and be set up with various other permissions for using the form.
Editing a Web Connect Quick-Order Form: Each Quick-Order form can be set to automatically notify people when an order is placed with the form.
Editing a Web Connect Quick-Order Form: A Quick-Order form can define custom delivery instructions, carrier, packing basis, freight code and order class information.
Using a Web Connect Quick-Order Form: To place an order with a Quick-Order form the user only needs to specify an order quantity.
Using a Web Connect Quick-Order Form: Items that have been added to an order are highlighted.
Remote Order Management: Remote Sales Orders and all of the Web Connect order sources can be managed in the “Manage Remote Orders” screen. The user can see the Web Connect statuses of orders as well as the P21 statuses.
Over the past several months we have released a number of new features and enhancements including:
- Ship-To Listing
- Contract Order Forms
- Extended Order Details
- Quick Quotes
- Enhanced Customer Details
- New visual indicators such as backorders, specials and directs for Order Listings
- New User Permissions relating to cost methods and inventory
- New Remote Order Form Bulk-Add options
- New Remote Order item conversions to automatically roll up quantities based on UOMs such as case and square feet
- Added Mandatory Notes options to Order Details and Remote Order Form
- Added the ability to import Quick-Order Items to a Quick-Order form from a file
- Added ability to mass-assign (move) items to different locations (shelves, bins, floor areas, etc.) on Quick-Order Forms
- Extended per-user permissions and features for customer and prospect classes
- Added cost/profit source options on Remote Order Form
- Added more control for customer and transaction data for sales reps.
We have also released a new Ship-To postal code mapping feature that include many filter options for Ship-To search results including Ship-To Class and Customer Class filters. Ship-To search results can also be displayed on a map with one click/touch of a button. You also have options to show map points for Customers, Prospects or both. From there you can see map point details and use links for Ship-To details and navigational maps. We are actively working to extended this mapping feature to display other more analytical data such as Cost-to-Serve views.
The FREE Community version of Web Connect for P21 has just launched! This has been a major effort taking place in 2015 leading up to the Connect 2015 P21 User Group Conference.
What is the Community version for P21?
Well, first of all it's FREE! Over the years, a common set of features have emerged that P21 shops tend to find useful. Call them common or convenience features but they typically represent features that shops often describe in terms of, "If I only had these 3 or 4 features, then I could be a bit more productive, enable my folks to see certain minimal data..."
The initial Community launch contains the below feature set with more to follow. Stay tuned!
|• Customer Lookup||• Customer Detail||• Customer Notes||• Customer Aging|
|• Customer Stats||• Ship To Lookup||• Contact Lookup||• Contact Detail|
|• Item Lookup||• Item Summary||• Item Detail||• Pricing Lookup|
|• Order Listing||• Order Detail||• Order Projections||• Zip Code Radius Map|
|• Remote Order Management||• Create Quotes / Quote Management||• Quick Orders||• Remote Orders|
|• Create Orders from Order History||• Create Orders from Contracts||• Create Orders from Bar Code Scans||• Create Orders from spreadsheets/text files|
|• Item Lookup||• Order Detail||• Item Detail||• Shipments/Proof of Delivery|
|• Purchase History||• User Account Management||• Admin can set up other user accounts|
No Internet Connection? No Problem. P21 Off-line, Remote Orders. Enter Orders Off-line and Import them Later
Whether it's your sales rep, your customer, VMI person or some other user type, folks trying to enter P21 orders sometimes find themselves in some interesting locations. Caves, oil platforms, secure areas, mountain tops, remote areas far from civilization or just areas with poor reception all present challenges getting orders into P21.
Entering P21 orders in a disconnected environment just got even easier with Web Connect. Contact us to learn how you can arm your users or customers to scan or key in orders without an Internet connection from any location and have them flow into P21 once they are back in range.
Adding and Managing P21 Orders just got even easier with Web Connect. Whether you or your customer does barcode scanning, exports orders to a text file from another system or manually creates a spreadsheet of orders, all formats can now be imported via the new Web Connect Import feature and automatically become P21 orders.
If you know your Item IDs or are using a barcode scanner, the Order Pad is a fast way to create an order.
You can create a barcode scan file and then upload it to Web Connect. Upload any text file or spreadsheet from another system or a text file or spreadsheet that has been manually created. Use any method you like and the resulting text file is validated and then instantly becomes a P21 order.