Category: Sales Dashboard
Web Connect provides a way to view Opportunities, Tasks and Sales Calls in a convenient calendar view. You can filter the view and even drag and drop events to other dates on the calendar making it simple to manage business-related events as schedules change. You can also view that same calendar within Outlook or any other email/calendar/collaboration application that can consume iCal/ICS calendar feeds.
Having the ability to overlay your personal and business calendar events in one convenient view gives you a clear and concise display of any potential scheduling conflicts and allows you to plan upcoming events. To enable this feature, current Web Connect subscribers can go to the Calendar Settings inside Web Connect, consult the on-line Web Connect Help documentation or contact us for assistance.
In Web Connect, you can now see your opportunities (created in either Web Connect or P21--both stored in P21) in a Forecast view. A Sales Forecast is the estimation of the value of the Sales Pipeline: the expected revenue from all the deals (Opportunities) in the pipeline over a period of time. The forecast time frame is usually a month or a quarter. Several metrics can be used for sales forecasts but the most common calculations are total pipeline value and weighted pipeline value. Total pipeline value: the sum of all opportunities for a given time period (e.g. quarter). Weighted pipeline value: multiply the value of each Opportunity by its Success Probability % and add them up for a given time period (e.g. quarter).
A sales pipeline describes an approach to selling, typically based on an underlying sales process. It describes the individual steps salespeople take from initial contact with a potential customer, or prospect, to qualifying that prospect into a lead, and further validating that lead into a sales opportunity followed through the different stages until closed. All sales opportunities arranged along each of the sales steps that make up your sales process is what the sales pipeline represents. The Web Connect Opportunity Pipeline management tool lets you view and filter your pipeline and also touch/click and drag opportunity "cards" from one Stage to another and instantly see the impact on the overall value of the pipeline.
June 2016 Release
- Enhanced the Opportunity Details screen to show the Type, Status Stage and Step description when a user selects an option from the associated dropdown lists.
- Created a new “Opportunity Forecast” screen that charts opportunities based on either the Anticipated Close Date or Next Step Date.
- Created a new “Opportunity Pipeline” screen that places each opportunity into groups based on the Stage Sequence. Opportunities can easily be moved to new stages from this screen.
- Enhanced the Opportunity Listing to display the next task due date, who the next task is assigned to and what type of task is next.
- Added a version of the Opportunity Forecast chart to the CRM Overview screen.
- Added an optional configuration setting that will treat older opportunities as “Dormant”.
- Added the ability to drag and drop Opportunities, Sales Calls and Tasks on the calendar.
- Made it possible to start a new Opportunity, Task or Sales Call from the calendar.
- Added a variety of filters to the calendar.
Added Last Hard-Touch Date to:
- Customer Listing/Lookup
- Contact Listing/Lookup
- Customer Details Screen
- Contact Details Screen
- Added “Create New Task” in Mobile Views
- Added “Create New Sales Call” in Mobile Views
Sales Analysis View:
- Added line and column totals
- Added Ship To as a “View By” option
- Added Ship To as a “Filter” option
- Added Product Group Range as a “Filter” option
- Added Month Range as a “Time Frame” option
Sales Call Log:
- Made both Scheduled and Completed Date visible on the Call Log grid.
- Added the ability to filter the Call Log by Product Group
- Added code to remember the last Stock/Nonstock selection of the user
- Added code to remember the last Company selection of the user
- Added a per-user permission for Customers to be able to access the Item Inquiry Screen
- Added Item ID as a distinct search box. This makes it possible to either search for an item specifically, use the wildcard search or combine the searches.
Remote Order Form:
- Added a field for the Quantity Available for each line-item. This information will update each time the form is loaded so that users can get real-time inventory availability when working with orders over a period of time. This is a per-user setting.
Improved “Time Pickers”:
- Reworked the date/time selectors for screens such as New Task, Task Details, Sales Call, etc. so that the time selector would be more phone-friendly.
Sales Rep Contact Visibility Options:
- Added a per-user setting for sales reps that will either restrict the contact search to contacts related to the rep by ship-to or allow the rep to search all contacts in P21.
Customer Item Inquiry:
- Added the ability to enable then Inventory Search/Item Inquiry system for customer logins.
Remote Order Item Search:
- Added Extended Description to the results and search when looking for an item in the various remote order screens.
- Added Down Payment Applied as a column to the Invoice History screen.
- Added Australian date format compatibility
- Added deployment update options for self-update and auto-update
We are excited to announce that dynamic data grids will be a part of Web Connect during our summer release!
In addition to being able to define and customize your own data source for the grids, the grids will have many spreadsheet-like operations including:
- built-in filter controls and filter templates
- multi-column headers with the columns grouped within parent groups which help easily distinguish the information presented
- ability to save/load user-specific preferences for paging, sorting, filtering, grouping and other settings
- grid-integrated Insert, Update and Delete operations
- hierarchy and nested views
- scrolling with static headers and frozen columns
- selection of cells and rows
- export to PDF, MS Word, MS Excel, and CSV
- column Resize, Reorder and Show/Hide
- row resize and Drag and Drop
- adaptive Mobile Rendering
See below for UI previews:
Over the past several months we have released a number of new features and enhancements including:
- Ship-To Listing
- Contract Order Forms
- Extended Order Details
- Quick Quotes
- Enhanced Customer Details
- New visual indicators such as backorders, specials and directs for Order Listings
- New User Permissions relating to cost methods and inventory
- New Remote Order Form Bulk-Add options
- New Remote Order item conversions to automatically roll up quantities based on UOMs such as case and square feet
- Added Mandatory Notes options to Order Details and Remote Order Form
- Added the ability to import Quick-Order Items to a Quick-Order form from a file
- Added ability to mass-assign (move) items to different locations (shelves, bins, floor areas, etc.) on Quick-Order Forms
- Extended per-user permissions and features for customer and prospect classes
- Added cost/profit source options on Remote Order Form
- Added more control for customer and transaction data for sales reps.
We have also released a new Ship-To postal code mapping feature that include many filter options for Ship-To search results including Ship-To Class and Customer Class filters. Ship-To search results can also be displayed on a map with one click/touch of a button. You also have options to show map points for Customers, Prospects or both. From there you can see map point details and use links for Ship-To details and navigational maps. We are actively working to extended this mapping feature to display other more analytical data such as Cost-to-Serve views.
We presented an April webinar to the P21 Worldwide User Group. If you don't already belong to the user group, you should consider joining. It's a great P21 resource with lots of smart folks that can collaborate with you on your P21 questions and issues.
Note: if your browser does not support the embedded video, you can download the video here:
You may need to download the GTM Codec
Join us for our April webinar!
To attend, visit the P21 User Group site and log in with your user group credentials
Date: Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
Organizations are tackling a variety of challenging problems today when it comes to increasing customer sales orders and sales rep mobility.
• Remote Ordering for P21
Every organization wants to increase orders but the cost associated with and any investment in sales support needs to generate a positive ROI. Whether your goal is to acquire new customers or increase order volume from existing customers, making the ordering process easy and efficient for your sales reps and your customers is key. Implementing the right blend of technology and process can give you tremendous leverage on your investment and provide significant returns via increased order volume.
It can be difficult to provide mobile access to your sales force that’s powerful enough for them to do their jobs while not so cumbersome that they can still support their customers. With a wide array of tablet and smartphone devices to support, finding an approach that works for everyone can be challenging. Add to that your customers’ demands for access and your job to find a solution gets even tougher.
Join us for a discussion about the advantages of real-time ordering from a variety of mobile and traditional platforms using Web Connect. See how our clients have increased their order volume by making the ordering process fast and straight-forward for both their sales reps ordering on the behalf of customers or by customers creating and managing their own orders.
We’ll discuss ways Web Connect makes features such as CRM, VMI and remote ordering a snap on any mobile device.
Web Connect is designed specifically for the P21 system from the ground up to provide:
• Direct, real-time integration with your P21 data running in your environment
• CRM, Sales Process, Remote Ordering, VMI and much more…
• Access for your customers
• Unlimited user accounts
• Support for tablets, smartphones and laptops
• Customer specific pricing including contract and pricing Libraries
Web Connect has experienced significant growth over the past few years and we now have hundreds and hundreds of users doing more with P21 by using Web Connect,
As a result, recently we have:
- Added even more development resources
- Added numerous features to an already-rich feature set
- Moved our offices to a larger location
Stay tuned for more changes as we announce other major product enhancements during the coming months leading up to the P21 Connect conference in Atlanta this September!
The most recent Web Connect release includes:
- Expanded mobile device views
- Enhanced dashboards
- New customer features