June 2016 Release
- Enhanced the Opportunity Details screen to show the Type, Status Stage and Step description when a user selects an option from the associated dropdown lists.
- Created a new “Opportunity Forecast” screen that charts opportunities based on either the Anticipated Close Date or Next Step Date.
- Created a new “Opportunity Pipeline” screen that places each opportunity into groups based on the Stage Sequence. Opportunities can easily be moved to new stages from this screen.
- Enhanced the Opportunity Listing to display the next task due date, who the next task is assigned to and what type of task is next.
- Added a version of the Opportunity Forecast chart to the CRM Overview screen.
- Added an optional configuration setting that will treat older opportunities as “Dormant”.
- Added the ability to drag and drop Opportunities, Sales Calls and Tasks on the calendar.
- Made it possible to start a new Opportunity, Task or Sales Call from the calendar.
- Added a variety of filters to the calendar.
Added Last Hard-Touch Date to:
- Customer Listing/Lookup
- Contact Listing/Lookup
- Customer Details Screen
- Contact Details Screen
- Added “Create New Task” in Mobile Views
- Added “Create New Sales Call” in Mobile Views
Sales Analysis View:
- Added line and column totals
- Added Ship To as a “View By” option
- Added Ship To as a “Filter” option
- Added Product Group Range as a “Filter” option
- Added Month Range as a “Time Frame” option
Sales Call Log:
- Made both Scheduled and Completed Date visible on the Call Log grid.
- Added the ability to filter the Call Log by Product Group
- Added code to remember the last Stock/Nonstock selection of the user
- Added code to remember the last Company selection of the user
- Added a per-user permission for Customers to be able to access the Item Inquiry Screen
- Added Item ID as a distinct search box. This makes it possible to either search for an item specifically, use the wildcard search or combine the searches.
Remote Order Form:
- Added a field for the Quantity Available for each line-item. This information will update each time the form is loaded so that users can get real-time inventory availability when working with orders over a period of time. This is a per-user setting.
Improved “Time Pickers”:
- Reworked the date/time selectors for screens such as New Task, Task Details, Sales Call, etc. so that the time selector would be more phone-friendly.
Sales Rep Contact Visibility Options:
- Added a per-user setting for sales reps that will either restrict the contact search to contacts related to the rep by ship-to or allow the rep to search all contacts in P21.
Customer Item Inquiry:
- Added the ability to enable then Inventory Search/Item Inquiry system for customer logins.
Remote Order Item Search:
- Added Extended Description to the results and search when looking for an item in the various remote order screens.
- Added Down Payment Applied as a column to the Invoice History screen.
- Added Australian date format compatibility
- Added deployment update options for self-update and auto-update
Over the past several months we have released a number of new features and enhancements including:
- Ship-To Listing
- Contract Order Forms
- Extended Order Details
- Quick Quotes
- Enhanced Customer Details
- New visual indicators such as backorders, specials and directs for Order Listings
- New User Permissions relating to cost methods and inventory
- New Remote Order Form Bulk-Add options
- New Remote Order item conversions to automatically roll up quantities based on UOMs such as case and square feet
- Added Mandatory Notes options to Order Details and Remote Order Form
- Added the ability to import Quick-Order Items to a Quick-Order form from a file
- Added ability to mass-assign (move) items to different locations (shelves, bins, floor areas, etc.) on Quick-Order Forms
- Extended per-user permissions and features for customer and prospect classes
- Added cost/profit source options on Remote Order Form
- Added more control for customer and transaction data for sales reps.
We have also released a new Ship-To postal code mapping feature that include many filter options for Ship-To search results including Ship-To Class and Customer Class filters. Ship-To search results can also be displayed on a map with one click/touch of a button. You also have options to show map points for Customers, Prospects or both. From there you can see map point details and use links for Ship-To details and navigational maps. We are actively working to extended this mapping feature to display other more analytical data such as Cost-to-Serve views.
In many conversations with our clients and when showing the Web Connect system to new organizations we have been asked about accurately tracking sales calls. This has been a challenge for many P21 shops. The way most companies do this is by creating a P21 Task type of "Sales Call" or something similar and then writing custom reports against the activity_trans table.
While this works it has some limitations. For instance, what if you want to break out your sales calls into categories - like "Phone Call" and "Customer Visit"? While it is still possible to write the custom report it is now more complicated. It is also necessary to edit the code for the report if new categories get added.
Web Connect solves these issues with the new "Call Log" feature.
The Call Log works by allowing you to define individual P21 Task types as sales call activities. You can map as many or few as you need as shown in the screen-shot below:
Once the P21 Task types have been mapped as sales calls, a few interesting things happen "under the hood" in Web Connect.
1) Opening a Task that is mapped to a Sales Call type will open in a new "Call Center" screen
2) Tasks assigned as Sales Calls will be listed in the new "Call Log" - a searchable listing of completed and open (scheduled) sales calls.
3) Sales Call type tasks will be tracked in the sales rep "Activity Summary"
The Web Connect "Call Center" Screen:
Sales Reps can record sales calls in several places in the Web Connect system. They can use the "Quick-Task" button on the header of every screen, they can use the standard "New Task" screen, or they can use the new "Call Center" screen.
The Call Center screen allows you to enter a new Task into P21, but provides many additional tools more relevant to a Sales Call. The screen includes tabs for:
1) Customer Notes where reps can view, add and edit P21 notes for the customer.
2) Sales Call history that shows a listing of all previous sales calls
3) Open P21 Tasks
4) Customer Contacts with phone numbers and email addresses - if you grant your users permission they can add and edit contacts here.
5) A listing of all of the customer ship-tos with address an phone information.
In addition to the main tabs on the screen, there is also an important new tab that allows the user to associate P21 Product Groups and values with the sales call. In this way, a sales call can be associated with an actual value - much like a P21 Opportunity!
Another great part of the Call Center screen is the ability to instantly copy the sales call information to a new P21 Opportunity! This way your sales process can follow a logical sales funnel approach - sales calls can result in sales opportunities and be visibly linked in the Web Connect system!
Exploring the Call Log:
The Call Log itself is a listing of either scheduled or completed P21 tasks that have been mapped as Sales Calls in Web Connect.
There are several filters (some depending on your Web Connect role). Filters include Customer, Sales Manager, Sales Rep, P21 User. Call Type (Task Type), Call Status (Assigned or Completed), Time Frame (for instance "This Month") and date range.
The listing itself shows a great deal of information about the sales calls including the Scheduled or Completed Date, who the Sales Call is assigned to, the Sales Call Type, the customer and contact information associated with the sales call, any linked P21 Opportunities with opportunity size and success probability and the associated value of the Sales Call itself...
Using the Call Log screen can help any organization get a handle on Sales Call activity and track sales call success rates.
This feature is available in the latest version of Web Connect. If you are an existing client or are new to Web Connect and would like a personal walk through of this or any other Web Connect feature please call us at (816) 841-4183.
Web Connect has experienced significant growth over the past few years and we now have hundreds and hundreds of users doing more with P21 by using Web Connect,
As a result, recently we have:
- Added even more development resources
- Added numerous features to an already-rich feature set
- Moved our offices to a larger location
Stay tuned for more changes as we announce other major product enhancements during the coming months leading up to the P21 Connect conference in Atlanta this September!
The most recent Web Connect release includes:
- Expanded mobile device views
- Enhanced dashboards
- New customer features
Web Connect is proud to be a P21 Connect Conference Gold Sponsor. Visit us at our booth and and catch our session entitled "Do more with P21 and Web Connect.".
Web Connect is excited to announce it will be presenting a webinar to the Prophet 21 Worldwide User Group on July 30th.
We'll be discussing the Prophet 21 Call Log, Opportunities and other Prophet 21 topics as well as showing how Web Connect makes these great Prophet 21 features even better.
The new drill-downs now include a powerful grouping feature.
Web Connect for Prophet 21® includes a variety of data screens for looking up various transactions. Examples of these tools include the Order History, Invoice History, Opportunity Management Screen and Task Management Screen. The latest update of the system provides a new set of "Group By" buttons. Below is an example of the new Group By buttons on the Opportunity Management screen:
When a data listing screen is first loaded the grouping is set to "No Grouping" by default. This produces a listing like the one below:
However, if the user chooses to group the same data by Opportunity Step, the data would be presented in the following format:
The CRM features in Prophet 21® are becoming more and more popular with the P21 user base. One of the most requested features of WebConnect has been to be able to enter and edit these P21 tasks and opportunities while out of the office.
The latest release of WebConnect provides the ability to do just that.
From the main dashboard of both administrative users and sales reps there are two new controls:
The Opportunity Summary:
The Task Listing:
These two controls allow a user to quickly see an overview of current Opportunities and Tasks from the Prophet 21® system.
By clicking on the "More Opportunities" button on the Opportunity Summary control, we are taken to the "Mater Opportunities" listing. If logged in as a Sales Rep, you will see just opportunities associated with you. As an administrative user, you see all opportunities...
To create a new opportunity, the user would simply click on the "Create New Opportunity" link at the top of the page. This takes the user to a new screen that allows them to enter the information for the new opportunity:
Once the basic information for the opportunity has been entered, the user is taken to the "Edit Opportunity" screen where they can assign contacts, products, tasks, etc...