Category: Customer Quick Order
June 2016 Release
- Enhanced the Opportunity Details screen to show the Type, Status Stage and Step description when a user selects an option from the associated dropdown lists.
- Created a new “Opportunity Forecast” screen that charts opportunities based on either the Anticipated Close Date or Next Step Date.
- Created a new “Opportunity Pipeline” screen that places each opportunity into groups based on the Stage Sequence. Opportunities can easily be moved to new stages from this screen.
- Enhanced the Opportunity Listing to display the next task due date, who the next task is assigned to and what type of task is next.
- Added a version of the Opportunity Forecast chart to the CRM Overview screen.
- Added an optional configuration setting that will treat older opportunities as “Dormant”.
- Added the ability to drag and drop Opportunities, Sales Calls and Tasks on the calendar.
- Made it possible to start a new Opportunity, Task or Sales Call from the calendar.
- Added a variety of filters to the calendar.
Added Last Hard-Touch Date to:
- Customer Listing/Lookup
- Contact Listing/Lookup
- Customer Details Screen
- Contact Details Screen
- Added “Create New Task” in Mobile Views
- Added “Create New Sales Call” in Mobile Views
Sales Analysis View:
- Added line and column totals
- Added Ship To as a “View By” option
- Added Ship To as a “Filter” option
- Added Product Group Range as a “Filter” option
- Added Month Range as a “Time Frame” option
Sales Call Log:
- Made both Scheduled and Completed Date visible on the Call Log grid.
- Added the ability to filter the Call Log by Product Group
- Added code to remember the last Stock/Nonstock selection of the user
- Added code to remember the last Company selection of the user
- Added a per-user permission for Customers to be able to access the Item Inquiry Screen
- Added Item ID as a distinct search box. This makes it possible to either search for an item specifically, use the wildcard search or combine the searches.
Remote Order Form:
- Added a field for the Quantity Available for each line-item. This information will update each time the form is loaded so that users can get real-time inventory availability when working with orders over a period of time. This is a per-user setting.
Improved “Time Pickers”:
- Reworked the date/time selectors for screens such as New Task, Task Details, Sales Call, etc. so that the time selector would be more phone-friendly.
Sales Rep Contact Visibility Options:
- Added a per-user setting for sales reps that will either restrict the contact search to contacts related to the rep by ship-to or allow the rep to search all contacts in P21.
Customer Item Inquiry:
- Added the ability to enable then Inventory Search/Item Inquiry system for customer logins.
Remote Order Item Search:
- Added Extended Description to the results and search when looking for an item in the various remote order screens.
- Added Down Payment Applied as a column to the Invoice History screen.
- Added Australian date format compatibility
- Added deployment update options for self-update and auto-update
Visit our YouTube Channel to view our most recent Remote Ordering/VMI demo.
Web Connect provides a number of mobile remote ordering capabilities designed to meet a wide variety of business requirements. Our order entry tools include features for both your employees and also your customers in a consistent format that will keep your sales staff and customers in sync.
Web Connect remote ordering tools do more than just provide access to order entry for users without access to P21. It actually provides ordering capabilities not available in P21. Features such as the Quick-Order/VMI solution, simple order imports and “bulk order entry” makes creating orders fast and easy through Web Connect. These tools are designed to streamline order entry, enhance workflow and security and also provide your business a competitive advantage in the market place.
The Web Connect Order Entry process can be divided into two main branches:
• Standard Remote Order Entry
• VMI/CMI Order Processing
Standard Remote Order Entry
Web Connect includes an order entry screen (Remote Order Form) designed to emulate a simplified version of the order entry screen inside of P21. Because the Web Connect screen is similar to the P21 order entry screen users can easily transition from P21 to Web Connect and vice versa.
The Web Connect Remote Order Form provides users with the greatest flexibility when creating a sales order. Users can search for specific inventory items, define variables such as delivery method, packing basis, carrier and more. There are also several tools available – such as the ability to bulk-add items from a customer’s sales history, P21 contracts or existing VMI templates that can greatly reduce the time it takes to build an order.
VMI/CMI Order Processing
In today’s competitive environment, distribution companies are constantly working to improve the services that they provide to their customers. Over the past decade one strategy that has emerged is Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI). VMI takes the process and overhead of keeping track of necessary customer inventory out of the hands of the end customer and instead places this responsibility in the hands of the distributor.
Web Connect “Quick-Orders” provide sophisticated order processing tools designed specifically for P21 distributors that provide VMI services to their customers.
Quick-Orders were developed over several years from the real-world requirements of P21 distribution companies. These companies needed the ability to easily create sales orders based on inventory placement at customer locations.
Quick-Orders are placed from “Quick-Order Forms” which are in essence a reusable listing of inventory items that can be set up into groups, have definable min/max or OP/OQ definitions and bin location definitions. The end user needs only to provide a quantity for the items to place an order. Quick-Order Forms can be thought of as a virtual map of the inventory for a given customer.
Web Connect Quick-Orders also enable the concept of “order routing” and “order workflow”. By defining the permissions of each user in Web Connect it is possible to enable specific users the ability to start an order and other users to finalize or “approve” an order before it is sent to P21. For instance, your customer may want to see what is on an order, make adjustments to order quantities or add a PO number before the order is submitted. Web Connect Quick-Orders provide these capabilities out of the box.
The Web Connect Remote Order Form: The Remote Order Form provides the greatest flexibility when creating sales orders. The form can be made available to all user roles with various levels of user permissions.
Editing a Web Connect Quick-Order Form: Items on a Quick-Order form can be placed into “Groups”, can have Bin assignments and a defined Min/Max or OP/OQ. Each user can be granted access to see pricing and quantity available and be set up with various other permissions for using the form.
Editing a Web Connect Quick-Order Form: Each Quick-Order form can be set to automatically notify people when an order is placed with the form.
Editing a Web Connect Quick-Order Form: A Quick-Order form can define custom delivery instructions, carrier, packing basis, freight code and order class information.
Using a Web Connect Quick-Order Form: To place an order with a Quick-Order form the user only needs to specify an order quantity.
Using a Web Connect Quick-Order Form: Items that have been added to an order are highlighted.
Remote Order Management: Remote Sales Orders and all of the Web Connect order sources can be managed in the “Manage Remote Orders” screen. The user can see the Web Connect statuses of orders as well as the P21 statuses.
|• Activity/Metrics Dashboard||• Quote Lookup/History||• Order Lookup/History||• Invoice Lookup/History|
|• Quick Orders||• Remote Order||• Item Lookup||• Order Detail|
|• Invoice Detail||• Aging||• Item Detail||• Shipments/Proof of Delivery|
|• Purchase History||• Unlimited Customer User Accounts||• Customer Admin can set up other customer user accounts|
|• Remote Order Management||• Create Quotes / Quote Management||• Quick Orders||• Remote Orders|
|• Create Orders from Order History||• Create Orders from Contracts||• Create Orders from Bar Code Scans||• Create Orders from spreadsheets/text files|
|• Item Lookup||• Order Detail||• Item Detail||• Shipments/Proof of Delivery|
|• Purchase History||• User Account Management||• Admin can set up other user accounts|
Adding and Managing P21 Orders just got even easier with Web Connect. Whether you or your customer does barcode scanning, exports orders to a text file from another system or manually creates a spreadsheet of orders, all formats can now be imported via the new Web Connect Import feature and automatically become P21 orders.
If you know your Item IDs or are using a barcode scanner, the Order Pad is a fast way to create an order.
You can create a barcode scan file and then upload it to Web Connect. Upload any text file or spreadsheet from another system or a text file or spreadsheet that has been manually created. Use any method you like and the resulting text file is validated and then instantly becomes a P21 order.
We presented an April webinar to the P21 Worldwide User Group. If you don't already belong to the user group, you should consider joining. It's a great P21 resource with lots of smart folks that can collaborate with you on your P21 questions and issues.
Note: if your browser does not support the embedded video, you can download the video here:
You may need to download the GTM Codec
Join us for our April webinar!
To attend, visit the P21 User Group site and log in with your user group credentials
Date: Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
Organizations are tackling a variety of challenging problems today when it comes to increasing customer sales orders and sales rep mobility.
• Remote Ordering for P21
Every organization wants to increase orders but the cost associated with and any investment in sales support needs to generate a positive ROI. Whether your goal is to acquire new customers or increase order volume from existing customers, making the ordering process easy and efficient for your sales reps and your customers is key. Implementing the right blend of technology and process can give you tremendous leverage on your investment and provide significant returns via increased order volume.
It can be difficult to provide mobile access to your sales force that’s powerful enough for them to do their jobs while not so cumbersome that they can still support their customers. With a wide array of tablet and smartphone devices to support, finding an approach that works for everyone can be challenging. Add to that your customers’ demands for access and your job to find a solution gets even tougher.
Join us for a discussion about the advantages of real-time ordering from a variety of mobile and traditional platforms using Web Connect. See how our clients have increased their order volume by making the ordering process fast and straight-forward for both their sales reps ordering on the behalf of customers or by customers creating and managing their own orders.
We’ll discuss ways Web Connect makes features such as CRM, VMI and remote ordering a snap on any mobile device.
Web Connect is designed specifically for the P21 system from the ground up to provide:
• Direct, real-time integration with your P21 data running in your environment
• CRM, Sales Process, Remote Ordering, VMI and much more…
• Access for your customers
• Unlimited user accounts
• Support for tablets, smartphones and laptops
• Customer specific pricing including contract and pricing Libraries
Web Connect has experienced significant growth over the past few years and we now have hundreds and hundreds of users doing more with P21 by using Web Connect,
As a result, recently we have:
- Added even more development resources
- Added numerous features to an already-rich feature set
- Moved our offices to a larger location
Stay tuned for more changes as we announce other major product enhancements during the coming months leading up to the P21 Connect conference in Atlanta this September!
The most recent Web Connect release includes:
- Expanded mobile device views
- Enhanced dashboards
- New customer features
Web Connect is proud to be a P21 Connect Conference Gold Sponsor. Visit us at our booth and and catch our session entitled "Do more with P21 and Web Connect.".